munich


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
May 24th 2010
Published: May 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

so the trip to munich was spot on.....got a great seat up top of a train..great views of the mountains and farms and fields going by....get into munich...find our hostle.....closed...

not open till july......wtf???!!!!!

walk back to the bus station..by way of a long tram ride...find a coffee shop..yes wifi...sit down..find a hostle...

we passed by this one....cheapest one...no worries...booked 2 days..its the cheapest in town that i can find...other than camping..we want a bed..a real bed...with a shower close by...booked 2 days and maybe we will book more..gotta be other camping choices..but having a bed is sooooooooo nice.

anywya its a nice room...tv..small and staticky..but english cnn....so its worth it.....bar on roof...internet in lounge....game rooms in basemenet.....sweet...even a little balcony and windows and a door that opens for air......deal.

too tired to do much but on the way to the otehr plac...saw an open air market in the park..went back to that to shop quick as they closd up.....found 2 awesome little metal shot glasses that look like mini tankers sort of.....1 euro...bought!

walk around the park.....it is awesome!! beautiful yes..but with the holiday..full of people playing....walking, biking everywhere as always..but such a fun atmosphere..people bbq'ing....laying in the sun.....some nude.....everyone smoking....imgaine..people acting and being treated like adults...

people here in europe do have more choices in their daily life...and we like it.....

we like the fact that people act like adults...and noone is bitching or suing each other over stupid little shit like in the states....wahhhhh someones smoking across the room and i dont like it..waaaaahh

well not here....get the hell over it..its not hurting you..or move..act like an adult........refreshing.

guess when your whole history is one mad man or king trying or succeeding to take over you..you could care less about a cigarette or 12 yer olds drinking...or someone wanting to sunbathe in the appropriate places...oh that right..all the prudes came over on the mayflower..all the fun adults stayed here.....sign us up.

anyway to party in the park was amazing....for their memorial day..the park was filled with people....some in leiderhosen...drinking enormous beers..that are awesome..not shit beer like home..i drank a big one...and it was wonderful!! the brats and giant pretzel and potatoe salad was amzing too......

this place rocks....tomorrow....bike tour by a company recommended by rick steves..seems the cheapest and best in town too....and rent the bikes for the rest of the day as well.....

then perhaps neuschwanstein castle.....mayeb by bus...maybe by us renting scooters.....theres a place for that that gives you all the directions and maps....cheap....oh yeah!

then the museums...already saw 1 pamphlet for an exibit that has what looks like the royal jewlels and a crown from mideval byzantium.....yes!!!!

oh yeah...and more of the giant market we saw......has all kinds of food too...cant wait!!


p.s. we have seen so far in salzburg and here no less than 4 places selling leiderhosen and 'tavern wench' dresses for the ladies...the people here wear these for special ocassions or just for fun and noone blinks an eye...i love that they still embrace their heritage.....and yes the pants are leather

Advertisement



Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb