the rant.....and a great bike tour


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
May 25th 2010
Published: May 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Im going to start off this blog by saying things are way better now. Everythings ok…don’t panick…..

But

We did have a bit of a trying day….we bought our fricking tickets but of course forgot em back int eh room…..well this aint salzberg or prague..those damn germans are one it….and we hit the wall today…inspectors in plain clothes asked for our ticket..well we learned a valuable lesson..and I really don’t wanna go on about that any more cuz the fine wa painful…were ok….but it was a lesson that I would rather forget about ….but we wont do that again……but it has caused some angst that must be released so here goes…..

I am a person who does the best I can to be a good person..get along with others of all sorts…religions…political persuasions..what have ya..even tot eh point that I believe in karma and trying to put out good vibes and be happy and put a good smile foreward…don’t cause anyone stress or negate e feelings..all that new age crap…..so if ya don’t wanna hear me rant cuz it might cause ya some angst or what have ya..skip to the dotted line below plz…kthxbye.


All my life I was taught this bullshit republican view of America being the best damn country in the by god world. Period….well I am here to say..2 weeks in Europe….2 days in munich….its a lot of horseshit told by people who have never been outside America…or are too damn lazy to want to find out if the pablum the American government tell em is true or not..and im here to say..yeah its horseshit.
Don’t get me wrong..yeah I live in America….and I love my friends…I love my family…I love my sca family especially…….which is why it pisses me off so much that all the people I love have to live in the American dream….remember that scene in the watchmen?? “What happened to the American dream? This is it!! It came true …your looking at it”……that is so true…
They have what they call here..”common sense laws” meaning….if you spill hot coffee on your lap…and sue mcdonalds..theyre gona look at you and ask..”did you get ice with it? Well you knew it was hot coffee…..case dismissed” none of this horseshit about suing everyone and everything you can for everything…
We had a great bike tour of the city today from lenny’s bike tours..with lenny himself…touted by rick steves himself as one of the must do things in this city…..we really needed it after our…problem we ran into…..anyway…
This guy from boston started this company and was able to do so….because insurance..for things like his bikes….personal and property damage..for everything from drunk tourists on his bikes wrecking into anything..other cars..hurting themselves..being drunk….whatever…and his insurance on his house…comes to 600 bucks a year…….600 a year people…you cant start a company at home for less than 10,000 a yeah insurance….its the main reason why businesses fail in the u.s…….
Its just such horseshit…..america is supposed to be the home of the free…..well..guess what..your not….they tell you you are..and the u.s. people believe it…mostly cuz most qamericans cant afford to see any other way of life and realize it’s a lie!! Anyway…..people here have big …wonderful…beautiful gardens and parks with fountains….adn they can play in the fountains……and the parks….i mean amazing! Huge!! Sprawling!! And in some places people can go naked..witht the kids!!! And who cares??!! No one!! The river….people surf…and swim..naked or not….they don’t waste the space of the river…they have walkways down to the river one the nice little islands that are formed witht the trees growing in it..people camp there and swim and picnick..no space is wasted….why don’t they do this in America??? The parks we have in indy are pathetic…and they wonder why American are getting fatter and fatter….well as a fat girl..i can say why..yeah I sat on my ass too much….but believe me..i want to ride my bike…..i want to go to the park and play and ride bikes…..but the problem is…there are few parks..the ones we have are pathetic..nothing to do…not big enough….and getting there??? You have to drive your car…I live 5 blocks from a park…try getting there..its a race between traffic….the new bike lanes they painted on the road???? Really?? So we compete with cars on the same path?? Those cares aren’t looking for bikes!! Its unsafe..here..the bikes have their own road…safely on a type of sidewalk by the walkers…their own lights and stops..its safe…..america wake up.
Its common sense….the longer im here ..the madder it makes me..cuz I have to go back to…….just,…..ugh!!
I mean….i want to ride my bike!!! I want to keep this weight off that is melting fast off of both of us!!
I want to live in a world that treats you like an adult…the American government treats Americans like children!! We went to a movie and drank a bottle of beer there!! Why cant we drink at home??!!!
Its simple!!!! And the people here….they aren’t killing themselves…the people everywhere..theyre not stressed out…unhappy….overworked….theyr are not underpaid…the governments really have the peoples best interests at heart…its time to get over the lies the American government tells us back home…..and soon.

So today we had a great bike tour of the city..this guy was on it…….after that we saw iron man 2 and drank beer during it…and no screaming kids..imagine….
At the bike tour we met a lot of other Australians, Americans, and some kiwi’s…2 of the Americans we met were some awesome girls who will be going in on us to a tour of neuschwanstein castle….theres a 5 person ticket that is a total of 29 bucks….so up to 5 people can get a bus to and from here to the castle….and back….FOR 29 BUCKS!! So all 4 of us together will be….like 7 bucks a person to go see it..not including the admittance to the castle itself of course..but we save…..oh about 30 bucks a person over any tour…lenny told us this money saving tip…..and the fact that a tram takes you to dachau..and the admittance is free there..so don’t do a tour…god bless lenny…..great guy..saved us money….and we needed that after today….anyway…..we also stopped by in the middle of the tour at a great beergarden…and drank and ate for an hour..got tips on great places in Amsterdam…and just talked about politics..and common sense……awesome stuff. I just cant make you understand how big the main park is..with all the fountains..and statues and gazebos….and the river running through the middle….and the pathways…..its awesome…also found a Turkish bath house…..basically 2 pools and a hot soak your bones pool….we didn’t bring bathing suits or towels..but we will tomorrow…..after the castle…and after another beergarden……im tired……time to eat…and relax..paid for another night here at the hostle……camping later…I just cant stress how great great lennys tour was..funny..informative….he doesn’t talk down to us…..told us even the parts and places with hitler and that whole thing..hes awesome..and should not be missed…and yeah the movie..we found the palce that shows it in English…awesome…..later yall…and thanks for letting me rant..i needed it.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb