Munchen on some schneesballs!!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
April 6th 2010
Published: May 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Arrived to Munich!

Found a hostel, conveniently located across the street from one of the best beer halls in Munich, the Augustiner Brauhaus! Got us some huge beers and ate on some spatzel. Megan wanted saurkraut, but they never brought it...bummer. They must of thought she was talking dirty to them or something when she ordered it?

I also made friend's with a pigeon that came and hung out with me on the window sill of our room...we had a beer.

So, Munich offers these free walking tours which we thought might be whack, but it was pretty cool and walked away with some edumacation. We gots to see a lot of areas where some serious Nazi shit went down, which was pretty intense.

After all that thinking...straight to the biergartens! We hooked it up with some pretzels and larger than average sized beers. Megan got buzzed and starting rambling on how she wanted to move to Munich also....or at least the biergarten.

After learning that Hitler used to get crunk at the Hofbrauhaus, we decided to have a romantic dinner there... This was Megan's SECOND attempt at ordering sauerkraut, but to no avail. Does "sauerkraut" mean "i just farted" in German? We also ordered very interesting beer combinations of half beer/ half lemonade or "sprite" as they call it. It wasn't so good, and we determined that it was kind of like beer blasphemy. Is Arnold Palmer from Munich?

Oh, and we had more pretzels...finally with some mustard.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb