Day trip to Neuchwanstein and....SAUERKRAUT!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
April 7th 2010
Published: May 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We took a day trip to see King Ludwig ll's hood. The place he grew up in, Hohenschwangau Castle, was really cool on the inside, it was very ornate with super detailed sculptures and the heating system was pretty rad...basically, the heaters in each room had a crawl space leading to them so that they could be refilled with wood without disturbing whomever was in that room...could you imagine? gee gholly!

Kind Ludwig's work-in-progress, Neuschwanstein Castle, was a lot nicer to see on the outside, but not so much on the inside.

We had more pretzels and Megan put ketchup on hers...eww.

Either way, the whole area was very picturesque and pseudo-Disneyland, and the crowds of annoying ass shitheads elbowing their way to see it, made the whole experience less than ideal...I would not visit this place in the summer. (we're not annoying shitheads...we are tattooed freakshows who are very polite)

When we made it back to Munich, we went back to the Augustiner Brauhaus to get some more beer and this time...SAUERKRAUT! BUUTT, it had meat in it, which we took out, and wasn't very good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement





Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb