Gutentag from Germany!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
July 12th 2008
Published: July 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello! We are typing to you from Munich, Germany! We left Prague yesterday and were definitely sad about it. The first night we were there we met Ryan, from Coronado! It was so refreshing to be able to make San Diego references and have them be understood by someone. Then we met a couple, Lera and Mike, who were from the Bay Area and it turns out they went to school at UC Davis with Ryan! Small world. Funny thing is, Lera went to Monte Vista High School in Danville, CA, which I always see on myspace when searching for MY Monte Vista. Weird! We hung out with them the first night and drank our absynth cocktails...absynth, lime, and sprite...yum! Then the next day we started a free walking tour with them and our guide was AWFUL. We walked past a million beautiful buildings and learned nothing about them except that they were Baroque or Cubist blah blah blah. So we ditched the tour and walked up to Prague castle by ourselves for the most beautiful view of Prague ever.

Later that day we bought cheap beer and wine and started drinking at 2. We planned on doing a pub crawl but needless to say we were pretty spent by the time that rolled around. We played cards and drinking games and had fun.

The next day we went to the Communism Museum which in our opinion wasnt all that great. Interesting, I suppose, but I could have learned it all off of wikipedia and saved myself ten bucks.

We made a slight mistake when buying train tickets from Prague, we thought we were going to Salzburg next but it was actually Munich. So we ended up spending a few extra hours training to get to Munich but it wasnt a big deal. Met a guy who thought that America was like it is portrayed in the Alf series... with green lawns and dogs and children playing in the street and a mailman that gets chased by the family dog. It was good conversation, and interesting to see that Europeans seem to either love or hate America.

So now we are here and the hostel is pretty nice but they dont have a kitchen which sucks because we are trying to save money by not eating out and no kitchen makes that hard.

Tomorrow we are going to the castle that Walt Disney based Cinderellas Castle on. Its gorgeous, and Im excited. Although, its raining now and so hopefully that passes but the cold weather is a welcome change from Pragues heat.

We are both in pretty high spirits although my ears have been clogged for a couple days now. Bought some stuff that should help, lets hope. I dont feel like going to a German doctor.

Okay take care everyone!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.304s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb