Munchen


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
October 7th 2005
Published: October 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Mick on the TrainMick on the TrainMick on the Train

Mick keeping up to date with his Diary - blogging it when we can.
We caught an early train to Munich. After a very nice breakfast at the Hamburger Hotel.

The train was great - and much to my surprise we have FIRST CLASS tickets! We could pretty much sit anywhere, and there are little TV screens on the chair backs (too bad I don't speak German)!

We used the Lonely Planet book to find a Hotel very close to the station that was not too bad - although it was a shared bathroom.

The first thing we did though was catching another train and bus to Dachau, very intense. It was a larger area than I had imagined, with many more barracks than I thought there would be.


We left there, headed back to the hotel, and the guy at reception handed us a map with a mark saying in broken English "this is where you want to go", so we went! After meandering our way through the town, we found the place Hoffbrau House - a big German Beer Hall, complete with slap dancing, yodelling and sausage! We ate and drank too much of course and waddled out of there!

The town is very pretty, and the
MunichMunichMunich

Out on the town in downtown Munich.
number of bicycles in amazing. Everyone rides a bike, and Mick noticed there was an inordinate amount of pretty girls on bicycles!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.038s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb