En Route


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
September 1st 2007
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Euros for Toys programEuros for Toys programEuros for Toys program

We had some Euros leftover from our trip to Greece. Since we had gotten food at the hotel and on the plane, no one was very hungry and some people were very interested in buying small stuffed animal keychains to put on their backpacks. I also bought some German gummi bears.
Geo: 48.1391, 11.5802

This has to be a short update because I only bought 15 minutes of T-Mobile time at the Munich Airport. I'm pleased to report that so far all of the travelling has gone smoothly. The wake-up call was too early for comfort, but it was accompanied by a knock on the door with breakfast. I figured we'd miss the buffet that was included with the price of our room, but they delivered it to our room at no charge. I promised the kids that I would not continue to serve them olives and tomatoes for breafast when we get home. We spent most of the rest of our lira on cake at the airport this morning and sang Happy Birthday to Josh. He was very pleased. It wasn't up to the high quality of the cake in Gundogan, but it was there.

Now we are in Munich where it is raining-- we haven't seen that in a couple months! Also, the trashcans are plentiful and the bathrooms are both free and clean. Lufthansa even provides a choice of 4 different English language newspapers for free!

The Munich airport is a good place to shop for Oktoberfest gear--lots of beer steins.
German airport vending machineGerman airport vending machineGerman airport vending machine

This didn't appeal to me, but I thought it looked interesting. I did buy some tea to help me through the VERY long travel day. It was a bit of an adjustment to German from Turkish, but we didn't sweat it since we were only there two hours.
The kids had some leftover euro from Greece which they blew on small stuffed animal key chains. I mostly drank tea in an effort to perk up. We also tried some genuine Bavarian weiners, because we could.

Our plane takes off in 90 minutes-- everyone is very excited to see Dad!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0871s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb