Up in the hills


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Tübingen
December 1st 2017
Published: December 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Our first week in Tübingen was coming to an end. In some was it seemed like we had blinked and missed the first week. With some more homesick than others, the week had seemed a little longer. We started off the morning by meeting two people working in the tourist industry within Tübingen promoting various different aspects of the town in different ways. The company involved in this were a limited company with heavy links to the authority. This meant that they had a great idea of the way this part of Tübingens tourist industry worked. The group promoted new and upcoming businesses as well as supporting already established businesses within the area. The ongoing task that they face is targeting the European market and trying to make these tourists stay for longer than the usually expected day. They talked of effective bus links in between the region as well as rail links to bigger cities. We put this into practice by taking a bus to Reutlingen. With the wrong ticket... as friendly as ever, the bus driver acknowledged our inexperience and thought it best for us to, this time only, take this into consideration. After exploring a different town with obvious similarities as well as large scale differences, we decided to avoid further embarrassment by taking a short train ride back to Tübingen. Lesson learned. To make the most use of our already bought bus tickets, we decided to journey to the other world of Tübingen. This is where we found large scale buildings forming the University Hospital. Everything being in such an enormous scale gave us a different perspective of the cosy little centre of Tübingen below. The scale of the operation faced by the local authority with regards to travel, traffic and infrastructure was daunting, the more and more we were taking in. A place with a quaint centre surrounded by large scale infrastructure and development. Who would know when standing outside of the ancient buildings and church, just 10 minutes down the hill.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb