Stuttgart


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Tübingen
December 3rd 2017
Published: December 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

On Saturday morning we made an early journey across town and to the train station to head to Stuttgart. After buying our tickets we managed to catch our train fairly easily and began heading through the snowy German countryside to Stuttgart.

Upon arrival we tried to work out which underground train we needed to take to try and get to the other side of the city where the Mercedes Benz arena (football stadium) and the Mercedes Benz museum were situated. After a few wrong trains and an hour of confusion we had to follow a group of the Stuttgart youth team who were going to training so that we could board the right bus and get to the ground. After having a look at the huge ground we ventured to the club shop where we bought souvenirs and tickets for the teams upcoming match against Bayer Leverkusen on Friday night.

We then crossed the road and went to the Mercedes benz museum where we were all in awe of the old and new cars which were on display, especially thomas who finally managed to see the car of his dreams. The smile never left his face all day !!!

After a few tactical alcoholic refreshments in the sports bar we eventually made our way back to the city centre, after running from platform to platform for around half an hour trying to get on the right train!


The city centre was absolutely packed with shoppers due to the world famous Christmas market being in full flow but we decided to walk through it and experience the full atmosphere of the Christmas festivities. After experiencing a bit more German culture in a traditional pub the exhausted group made there way back to tubingen for some well deserved food and drinks after racking up the miles.

Everyone enjoyed the trip into Stuttgart and are looking forward to going back for the Football on Friday night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb