On The Road Again Oct 7, 2022


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Freudenstadt
October 7th 2022
Published: October 12th 2022
Edit Blog Post

On The Road Again Oct 7, 2022

I woke up around 7:30 am Kirsten was finishing her shower and coming out of the bathroom. Hurry up sleepy boy we got a busy day ahead of us.

YA, YA, YA, I stumble to the shower. Even the walk to the shower felt like it was uphill.

When I’m done, Kirsten is packed and heading downstairs for breakfast. Better hurry or there will be no eggs left.

I hustle and get dressed, out the door and heading toward the breakfast dining room, which happens to be a wine cellar. Weak to no WIFI or cell coverage.

Kirsten has planned our day. We are leaving Brauneberg and heading toward Dornstetten. I have been assigned to find the most scenic route which includes the German Wine Strasse and the Black Forest.

So, while trying to eat breakfast and carry on a conversation with the Germans sitting at our table, I was still able to create a route.

After checking out of our Zimmer we said our goodbyes. We loaded our suitcases into the back of the car and after stalling a couple of times and making the wrong turn, we’re “On the Road Again” as Willy Nelson would say.

Around 1 PM, we stopped on the side of the road at a picnic area, you remember ...like in the old days before interstate highways, families would stop at picnic areas on the side of the road. They still have these in Germany we ate our sandwiches we made from breakfast had a beer and chips. It was a very nice relaxing picnic.

We pulled into Dornstetten around 4PM and dropped our suitcases at the Zimmer.

We walked across the street and sat down at the café WOHNZimmer (Living Room). We had a beer and discussed where we were going have dinner nice looking restaurant Um Die Ecke (around the corner). We had a very nice and slow dinner.

After an hour and half, we walked back to our Zimmer and fell into bed and Kirsten is planning tomorrows drive.

Good night


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb