three goals in ten minutes, ten million beers to celebrate


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Freiburg
June 13th 2006
Published: June 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

so i went to a place called ecsholzplatz to watch the game, it's basically a massive park filled with picnic tables (about 800) and beer stands.
I met two other australians on the way there and we were probably the most depressed people in all of germany for 80 odd minutes. then we scored, and of course sam went crazy, i jumped around knocking over a bench, and threw someones tennis ball straight into the crowd......
THEN
we scored again, more similar celebrations but the best was yet to come.
I made everybody stand up so we could make fools of ourselves when the final whistle went, BUT we scored AGAIN!!!

this time, i decided to jump on a picnic table, and run down the length of them (about 50) giving everybody in my way high fives, i ran up another row and a little kid tried to give me five, i lifted him up and ran over more picnic tables. a german man told me he thinks we would win the final, he was rewarded with a kiss.. actually two kisses

I must've been so entertaining that the bartender (who was not bad looking) gave me three beers , one for each goal...

we spent the rest of the day singing waltzing matilda and the aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi... and rubbing it into the americans, until we were finally kicked out for being too much of a hinderance to everybody else wanting to watch the other games, especially the italians who were not too impressed.

that's all for now, im going swimming in a lake

love sam

Advertisement



13th June 2006

The game was great, was looking to see if i saw you on tv, but i was the saddest person at 0:30 but then like the happiest cause i was thinking back to the game we lost 3-0 in uraguay in 2001 which meant we couldn't get into the world cup! I still remember that sad day. By the way did you give the bartender a kiss?
13th June 2006

nope no kiss
but she's taking me to starbucks tomorrow.. i think
14th June 2006

Sammy! What a match! And I don't even watch soccer! Haha we ran out on our street in our undies and the entire street, well 3 other neighbours came out and celebrated too! Haha, it was like 2am or something and was freeezing! It looks like you're having an uber fantatichnya time! Have you seen many 'sites' to see etc? What are ze Germans like? Why is the sky blue? Does God really exist? Who are you? Where am I?

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb