Les goddams!!!


Advertisement
Europe » France
September 12th 2009
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.636, -1.51208Breakfast was once again pastries, and once again, it was cold eating them out in front of the TI, which has become my pastry-eating place - the problem with the town is that there aren't many conveniently-located plazas with benches to sit on, so the TI ends up serving that purpose for me. Off to the shuttle to Mont St. Michel - our driver is actually from Montreal, but ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

zkzk
zk

Churros! This suggests Spanish tourists visit here!
zlzl
zl

Bloody expensive pain au chocolat - but it was big, and looked pretty decent.
zmzm
zm

Mere Poulard was famous for the incredible omelettes she served to pilgrims who made the trek to Mont St. Michel. Of course, capitalism has turned this into a complete rip-off ...
znzn
zn

... selling her omelettes for 34-36 euros!!! There's also one made with lobster and truffles that is 18 euros per 100 grams!!! You can get the same omelette for slightly cheaper (18-24 euros) in other restaurants in town. For that price, I expect that omelette to magically give me the ability to speak fluent French after eating it.
zozo
zo

Spanish tour bus!!! Where are the Spanish tourists???
ww
w

You have to be careful where you park here - certain areas get flooded during high tide, and cars have been wrecked, as a result.
qq
q

The best views are from the causeway.
zz
z

They say it's best viewed at night - I wasn't there for the evening, but here's a pro's shot.
zpzp
zp

Fancy tea house - too bad the goods didn't live up to the surroundings.
zqzq
zq

Quiche lardon - a little bit tough, as it was microwaved! I've been surprised so far on this trip, since the French take food so seriously, but still use the microwave to reheat pastries. Use the oven and bake it, please!!! It was too rubbery, but otherwise could've been good.
zrzr
zr

Tartelette fraise - the strawberries were nice, but the tart was a bit too sweet. The crust was shortbread like, and the best part. The place had fancier offerings, but I love tarts, so I stuck with those. But I really need to step out of the pain au chocolat/tartelette box, because I'm running out of time in France and there are still so many pastries to try! The cafe au lait was excellent, but the pastries were only so-so - it's pricey here and the portions are smaller than my fave bakery in town, but in the end, you're paying for the location.
zszs
zs

Pretty amazing selection, mostly fancier pastries.
ztzt
zt

And ... this is the name of the place.
zuzu
zu

Pretty amazing prices at this chain bakery - 5 pastries for 7 euros!!! That would be one tasty lunch!
zvzv
zv

Not just a pain au chocolat, but a MAXI big-ass pain au chocolat!
zxzx
zx

I wonder if the shop just took these bottles of wine and rolled them around in the mud, giving them the appearance of being well-aged? Because there's no reason that a bottle from 2000 should look so dirty, unless you store them in a filthy cellar.
zwezwe
zwe

Interesting shape to these yummy-looking tomatoes. The ones on the vine in the bottom left hand corner look amazing, too.
zyzy
zy

Pretty cheap for a netbook! I need to get one for next year, it'll save me a ton of time since I won't have to write in my journal every night, then type it up after. It'll save money on internet cafes too, especially with so many places offering free wi-fi nowadays.
zzzz
zz

My fave patisserie in Bayeux. I'm probably quickly becoming their fave customer, since I'm there almost twice a day!
zzazza
zza

Chicken wings would be SO good right now .... except ...
zzbzzb
zzb

.... I went for this pastry instead. Unfortunately, all the intelligence I earlier gathered by visiting five pastry shops didn't help me, and I ended up making a bad choice.



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb