Les goddams!!!


Advertisement
Europe » France
September 12th 2009
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.636, -1.51208Breakfast was once again pastries, and once again, it was cold eating them out in front of the TI, which has become my pastry-eating place - the problem with the town is that there aren't many conveniently-located plazas with benches to sit on, so the TI ends up serving that purpose for me. Off to the shuttle to Mont St. Michel - our driver is actually from Montreal, but ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

zzczzc
zzc

It was a giant meringue ball, filled with chocolate cream and covered in little chocolate bits. It was sickly sweet, and nothing like the light, yummy miracle that was the Saint Eve the other day. It was also difficult to eat, and I needed a rest after! Should've had a tartelette instead!
ss
s

British Cemetery.
tt
t

Outside of the Battle of Normandy museum.
zzdzzd
zzd

Been there, done that - typical solo backpacker, eating a sandwich on a bench outside of a tourist attraction (in this case, the cathedral). The sandwich is gigantic, probably because it was late in the day when he got hungry and ended up having only large loaves to choose from. He probably doesn' t have a fridge where he's staying, that's why he's trying to cram it all down in one sitting, so that it doesn't go to waste, despite being horrifically full, and with a stomach that's about to burst. Yup ... I remember moments like this all too well!
zzfzzf
zzf

L'Assiete Normand - boooooo!!!! Discrimination!!! Like Restaurant L'Epicerie in Amboise, it was a shame, because both had good menus.
zzdzzd
zzd

I started with a Kir Normand, which is creme de cassis with a bit of calvados and cider. It tasted like a moldy barrel, kind of like the taste of bad breath.
zzhzzh
zzh

The waitress brought out some warm bread, and I wished that I had some of that famous Normandy butter. I went with a ham/cheese/mushroom omelette, light and fluffy, and served with some wickedly crisp fries. It was a good omelette, but probably not as good as those 35-40 euro omelettes in Mont St. Michel are! But of course, it's also only 1/4 the price. I saw an interesting looking spring roll-like thing being served, and briefly regretted getting the omelette.
zzizzi
zzi

I wasn't going to have any dessert, but noticed a nice looking chocolate cake being served, so decided to cram one down. Moulleux au chocolat ... the waitress said it would be ready in 15 minutes, but it came out in five. I'm guessing they screwed up an order, and had one handy? It looked a bit different than what I saw being served earlier, but maybe that was just my mind playing tricks on me. It was a bit burnt, and was just a molten chocolate lava cake with creme anglaise and vanilla ice cream.
zzjzzj
zzj

A bizarre toothpick I obtained at the restaurant, a curled piece of thin plastic. Perhaps it could be used for an emergency tracheotomy, after a Canadian tourist starts choking after having one too many pastries? It could happen! Or maybe it's some kind of magic flute that if played, will grant me access to a magical land like Narnia, a place where single diners are allowed to eat wherever they want. But I'm being silly - such a Utopia doesn't exist!!!
vv
v

Bayeux by night.



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb