Return to Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
September 19th 2008
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.8566, 2.35097

This morning we were in the Swiss alps. Tonight we go to sleep in Paris. This morning we walked to one of the most amazing sights I have seen. 45 minutes walk from our hotel in Lauterbrunnen is the Trummelbach Falls. We were told that these were the biggest tourist attraction in the area. Having visited Niagara and Plivitce on this trip we went not expecting much. However, these are the only falls that are INSIDE a mountain!! We were taken up inside the mountain by a funicular, then we walked up to see the top 5 falls. These are inside the rock and we climbed through caves watching the surging water cascading down through the rocks, falling a long way down. We decided to walk back down looking at the 5 lower falls. It was amazing seeing the water curl itself around and through caves until it reached the river below. It was certainly worth the visit.
The rest of the day was taken up by train rides. We went from Lauterbrunnen down to Interlaken, then from there to Basel. We changed trains there to ride the final 3 hours into Paris. Our hotel is next to La Place De Bastille and not far from the Rue De Rivoli and Le Marais. We had a nice dinner in a small restaurant in La Place de Marche St Catherine. Tomorrow we will explore more thoroughly.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb