Walking around in The Marais


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
September 12th 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.8566, 2.35097

After lunch we had gone to walk through Notre Dame. It was of course very busy with people but we did make a circuit of the inside. It is always so amazing to see something that grand and magnificent that is also so old!

We decided to check out the boat rides and see what the cost was. Way too expensive for us and so we decided to just keep on walking and just enjoy the exercise. We stopped at some gardens along the Seine and took a short rest before moving on.

We went to the Place Dauphine and took a walk down memory lane to check and see if Henri IV was still in business. It was and still looks the same as it did when we stayed there and Stefan and Marianne met us for a long weekend. Had a cup of coffee and remembered some of the fun we had that long weekend. Walked to Pont Neuf and enjoyed the view from there.

From there we went to the Tulleries Gardens along the Seine and took another short rest from all the walking we had been doing. We then walked to the Marais area and walked around seeing if there was any place that looked like where we should stop and have dinner. Did not find any place that caught our attention and continued walking and Marianne found a shop she wanted to go in and we went to the Cafe Marianne and had a drink. We had contemplated eating there but the waiter was a little out of it and so decided to walk on.

We found a place to eat that had a pretty good menu on their outside board and so went and had dinner there. We were all tired from our long day of touring Paris on foot! Planned to meet at our place in the morning.

Got ourselves back to the room and are getting better at mastering the serious key system in this place. There are lights that you can turn on as you go to each door but they sometimes go out before you have made it to your next destination!




Additional photos below
Photos: 82, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb