Christmas in Switzerland/France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
January 1st 2016
Published: January 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Murray finished his Greece trip and the kids and I flew from Kenya to meet up in Switzerland. We spent 3 weeks with Murray while he worked in the Geneva office. We had a lovely time, feeling much more like this can be home one day soon. Hayley and Emma learnt to ice skate in an outdoor rink, Charlotte and Hayley learnt to ski, we had precious family time, it really was a lovely holiday. We had Andrew, Nadia and the kids visit for a few days, which was a blast. Aunty Sarah made a special stop too which was really great. I didn’t get stopped by any policemen, YA! I managed to make my way through a ‘french’ conversation with the supermarket teller almost every supermarket shop and successfully hire ice skates in french. I managed to cook and bake and finally found the cocoa powder in the supermarket, thanks to Murray's work colleague ringing his mum to ask where it could be found. We managed not to freeze and handle the all day fog days and darkness by 4pm. I looked at 2 schools while we were there, please pray for peace about schooling as I’m finding it quite stressful being on waiting lists etc.

On Christmas Day our friends’ daughter in Nairobi had a fall at home and 2 days later died from her head injury. We are devastated. I taught her in Sunday School. She was only 8 years old. We have heavy hearts at the moment. Please remember our friends and their 3 children in your prayers, and us and our girls as we grieve the life of a child gone too soon.

I hope you and your family had a safe and happy Christmas and we wish you the same for the new year.

Much love,

Miriam, Murray and the girls x


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb