Skippy


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 14th 2015
Published: June 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Skippy

At last we got to see our van.

No Jeep for sale - so we bought a Ford.

Ford Transit with a Rimor Blucamp built body

Only a widdle van. 21 ft and 2.6 l as compared to the 31 ft 5l guzzler Mini Winnie we cruised in last year.

No Slide outs either. So living area might be as little as one third of the Iowa built beast.

So space is utilised to the max.

Double bed at the back – permanently made up. Bathroom beside the bedroom area. Separate shower cubicle behind a glass style screen. Forward of that there’s the cassette style toilet and wash basin. Generous storage in the bathroom area – good lockers that stay shut very well .

Living area has a dinette for 4 and a kitchen work area with 3 burner gas stove over a 3 way fridge with sink etc.

Overhead storage lockers all around.

Gas is used for cook top, fridge , furnace and heating water – hot and strong just like at home.

The engine, or mains electricity ( at some campsites) or solar panel on the roof
SkippySkippySkippy

With Flag
charge the 2 house batteries – one for 12 volt stuff like lights and supplying spark to gas appliances and some USB outlets, the other battery has an inverter to supply 220 volt power to appliances such as the Cable Satellite TV.

So it’s all comfy and cosy. Lots of extras like night curtains all around, 3 vent hatches in the roof . Each hatch or window has fly screen and total block out blind.

A pair of velocipedes on the back and a boxing kangaroo in the back window.

Then there’s the man cave - underneath about one third of the area is a storage area. Full of stuff from snow chains to an air compressor and tools ranging from a multimeter to a hacksaw and spanners to a pop rivet gun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb