Racial Barriers in France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
October 11th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What racial barriers still keep races different in France today?

The article "Race Police in France" by Erik Bleich talks about France's racial diversity today. The article speaks about how France has become a very diverse country in terms of race. The country of France seems various cultures and races today. This racial diversion began right after the second world war with a giant increase in immigrants. Immigrants to France were widely accepted as residence of the country. France is very different to other western countries because it has avoided immigrant limiting policies. However, many different race groups in France have been met with hate towards them. In response, the french government has fought back with many anti- race laws and policies. The french government also mad it law that people cannot say the holocaust did not happen, bigger penalties in people that conduct race crimes, and asked for yearly reports on the topic. France has even attacked hate speeches more than other types of hate crimes. The country of France has done an overall good job in allowing its country to be diverse. (http://www.brookings.edu/research/articles/2001/05/france-bleich)

From the article it is known that France has become a very diverse and accepting country when it comes to race. It really shows that France is very good at dealing with these types of situations. It shows how much better France has been able to handle the topic of race than its western counterparts like the U.S and the U.K. The country has even done more to protect its diverse people than other countries have done before. This can be seen through its many policies involving racial discrimination. France is one of the rare exceptions when it comes to racial equality in western world.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb