The Main Religion in France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
September 27th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What is the dominant religion in the country of France? How popular is it in the country?

The article "religion in France" talks about the main religion in the country of France, Catholicism. France was one of the few countries in Europe to stay loyal to the Catholic church. This was also do to the facet that religion in France was controlled by the state, but that seized to be the case in the year 1905. Now, the time when most french people called themselves Catholic is all gone. Only about 45%!o(MISSING)f people in France say they are Christian and most of them are Catholic. Even church attendance in France is among the lowest on the planet. Religion has also been completely separated from public education in France, so the most common way to have children educated on religion is private schooling. The only exception of these rules is a part of France called Alsace. It is a very ironic turn of events for religion in France because much of french culture in based on religion itself. The most prominent form of architecture is cathedrals, many famous french pieces of music are played in churches, and famous french literature actually celebrated Christians. Even though more people are leaving Catholicism on France, it still has a large part to play inside of the country. Lick to Article: http://about-france.com/religion.htm .

The kind of religion and the way it changes in France really gives a good idea of how religion plays out inside the country. Catholicism will continue to be a big contender in the religions of France for a good amount of time. Catholicism is still very prominent in the France, but France has begun to follow in the footsteps of other highly developed countries. Which is leaving behind one main religion and having a mix of beliefs. Other first world countries have begun to develop a more rich and varied population when it comes to religious beliefs. This is a step in the right direction for France because it means France is becoming much more modern and accepting of various kinds of people and their beliefs. The future seems bright for France's religion sector and being open to many more religions and beliefs makes that future all that more bright.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb