B4 Travel Blog #3


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
October 11th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What role do women play in this society? Do they have equality? If not what discrimination do women in this country face?



Women were only allowed education in their home and were inferior to men in France. They couldn't sit on juries, marriage and divorce laws were very unfair. However the Revolution gave women the opportunity to evolve into regular citizens. Women protested at the Hotel De Ville in demanding lower prices in bread and complaining about the shortage of food. They started rioting and turned into an angry mob. They began marching and rioting to the king to take their complaints into action. The women armed themselves and began conquering the king. Women continued to protest, petition, and riot until they got the things they wanted. Their goal was to achieve political freedom.



Overall women were not treated very fairly in France before the revolution. Men thought they had to be lower than them and they were restricted to do certain things. They wanted political freedom, however they didn't exactly achieve it, but they fought for things that they felt were unfair or if there was something they knew should be changed, and they wanted it changed. Women and men were not treated equally, but the women fought and protested, to make sure that there rights would change and they will be equal to men.

http://sunburst.usd.edu/~clehmann/HWB/hwb_r/Womenrev.html

Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb