B4 Travel Blog #4


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
November 21st 2013
Published: November 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

What is the dominant religion in Italy, and how does this faith differ from christianity?

There are many religions in Italy, and many people who participate in these religions as well. These religions are Muslim, Eastern Orthodox Christians, Evangelical Protestants, and jehova's witnesses. Italy has a unique religious heritage and 2,000 years of christianity has been the face of italian life. The Vatican the world's smallest sovereign state in italy, is the home of the government of the Roman Catholic church and the Pope, the spiritual leader of the worlds Roman Catholics. On the other hand, in 1984, a concordat signed and ended the churches position as the state religion and got rid of religions teachings in public schools and reduced the contributions of money to the church. Every town or village on Italy has at least one Catholic church. 95% are baptized saints and first communions, and religious festivals are very popular. Many people prefer to get married in the When visiting a house a worship i italy you should avoid wearing and shorts, short skirts, or Skimpy tops.

THe dominant religion in Italy in Catholic. There are may Catholic Churches in Italy and the majority of people practice this religion. This differs from christianity because the beliefs of christianity are different from the belies of Catholic. There are many people who have many different practices, and there are many churches that have certain practices or ays they show there catholic religion through clothing etc. Also each town or village in italy has at least one catholic church which tells me that they are strict and also that they care a lot about there religion. However there were many complications and problems with the catholic religion in terms of teaching it and school and contributing money to catholic churches. However the catholic religion is the dominant religion in italy and has been the dominant religion for about 2,000 years. This religion and faith system is very similar but also very different from christianity as well.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb