Getting settle in Arras


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
August 14th 2011
Published: August 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

B&B roomB&B roomB&B room

This is the "cozy" room I am staying in for the next 2 weeks, with my roomate Elyse.

Days two and three



After arriving in Arras, we were driven in two (very full) vehicules to our temporary hotel, the B&B. Located outside of the city, it is composed of "cozy" rooms as I call them but unfortunately no kitchen. It's time to get creative with our meals! We are assigned as two per room. The rest of the afternoon and evening are mostly spent shopping for groceries at the nearby "Auchan" (the French version of Superstore), recovering from the jet lag and getting to know the other guides.

On Sunday, I, along with some of the guides, went to the downtown part of Arras, a 30 minute walk from the B&B. Although most of the city's stores and restaurant close on Sunday, we find a small grocery store to buy a lunch. We visit the Grand'Place and Petite Place and we walk in front of our soon to be houses - currently occupied by the summer guides.

Sunday evening, we fit all 14 guides into one room to chat over wine. Good discussion about war, the 2 guiding sites and past trips were inevitable.

Work with Veterans Affairs Canada at either Vimy Ridge or Beaumont-Hamel sites will start soon. Training begins tomorrow (Monday) morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb