Mykonos Athens


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 18th 2011
Published: May 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Here we are again. Very hard to keep track for the Internet is not what they tell you. Advertising they have free internet but when you come for it, it is down or you have to pay. Anyway we are in Mykonos although you getting the blog from Paris. A lot has happened since then but I will try to tell it. We enjoyed beautiful breakfasts in Mykonos and after we feel strong enough to attack the island. It is a beautiful place. Our first aim was to see the famous windmills of the island. You have to have a photo of that otherwise you have not been there. Then Mykonos itself, it is a maze of small streets filled with shops that want to sell you their products. I tell you, it is very easy to get lost there, we manage3d to do that twice. We did buy a few things there, you have to for you never come there again. The walk from the hotel to the place is just 10 minutes but you are climbing all the way. We had to do this a few times for we found a laundry there and we had a few clothes that could do with a wash. The last night we had a meal in the hotel looking out over the island. We had a nice meal with a beautiful bottle wine and nice company. We saw the sun going down over the Island, it was a absolute best finish we could have. Now we come to the bad part. We were lucky to go over our Itinerary for we saw a time difference and if we would go by that we would have missed the flight. We were in time but had to rush now to make it. In Athens we had to wait for the taxi that was suppose to pick us up. Not there so we had to ring up not so easy in Greece. But Liz managed to find somebody that was willing to speak English. I stayed with the luggage, for leaving that is asking to go the rest of the trip without. It will disappear in not time. Finally Liz got it organised and we were ushered to our Hotel in Athens. Not bad very central to see things. Plenty of restaurants. Again very tiny and the shower in the bath again. When you shower everything becomes wet. Breakfast very good. That day it was to late to do something, so I tried the net, sorry it is down today. So that was a miss again. There was a nice girl, English speaking that asked if anybody had problems. Well we had the same thing again. There was an hour difference in the pickup to the Airport and the flight. She fixed it all so we were happy to go out to do sight seeing. We took the Metro to the Acropolis. We have been there before but we wanted to see if there was progress in the restoring. Have to buy tickets to get in, soon we were walking the long way up to the Acropolis. It is an imposing sight. The way it was build is just not possible anymore. Talking to one of the workers there he told us they are trying but it is not possible to even get the right colors We met up with a group of Dutch teachers. Liz of course, while I was venturing out to climb a hill Liz talked to them. One of the Teachers was an historian and knew all about it. We stayed with them for a while and listened to all the stories he had to tell about this historic times very interesting. We were sorry to hear that one of the group was robbed in the Metro of his wallet with all his cards and 150 euros. While I think of it, some of the travelers lose their suitcase, that is bad. Anyway we saw the whole Acropolis again and a few more things that we had not seen before. It was well worth it. That night we ate in the same restaurant as last night . The food was good and the price reasonably. Greece is very expensive. We spoke with owner of the place who told us a bit about the big problems Greece is facing.Next day we were picked up on time by the same driver to continue our travels. We had half an hour to spare and used that to drink a coffee before we set of to France. Paris.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb