Day in Strasbourg


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 29th 2009
Published: May 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was awesome. We got to sleep a little later and did not have to leave until 10 am. Then we drove to Strasbourg. Once we got there we walked over to our boat tour. We ended up postponing it 15 minutes later so we could get a boat that was not enclosed so we could take lots of pictures. We passed a lot of historical buildings, churches, cathedrals and even a few parliament buildings. It was very neat and very pretty. Then after the boat tour we had a small break to go get some lunch and do some shopping. I got a chicken sandwich with eggs lettuce mayonnaise and pickles. It was pretty good although the bread was quite hard. Then I did a little souvenir shopping. I bought a little porcelain doll for my boyfriends mom. Then I got a post card with pictures of the cathedral on it that I can send to my sister. After our break we all met back up and went to a chocolate shop owned by Christoph Meyer. His father owned the shop before him. When we first go there he was making candy filled with wine. The outside of it was made with corn starch it was very interesting to watch. Then he let us taste four different chocolates from different regions of the world. It was very interesting he also told us the proper way to taste chocolate. Then he had chocolates filled with different things like more chocolate, brown sugar and one was even filled with olive. It was not my favorite but I gave it a try. Then after all the wonderful chocolate we were able to taste the ice cream they also make. It was amazing because he does not make it like we do in America. There was not as much milk if any. It was so delicious. The flavors that he had to choose from were very original as well. There was a pineapple, red pepper, rhubarb, basically anything you could think of. I got a mango flavored one that was great. We all ended up just sampling each others. He also said they have an avocado ice cream that is very tasty but it was not the right season. The amazing thing about him is he is so happy and passionate about his job. He loves going to work everyday. It is part of who he is. He is the perfect example that it is so much better have a job you enjoy rather than just settling for a job you hate because maybe it pays a little bit more. Also he is so focused on the customers he does not sell them things he himself would not eat or like. Also he is constantly creating and changing current recipes. He is very in tune with making his customers happy and he does not let anyone else tell him what to do. After the phenominal tour we had a little more free time. I chose to shop around a little bit but didn't really buy anything else. Then we met up and went back to the Chateau. Then we stayed up and sat and talked on the gazebo. It was a great day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0817s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb