Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
May 30th 2009
Published: May 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So today we went to Germany. We had to leave earlier today because it took an hour and a half to drive there. When we arrived we took a tour of the black forrest hotel and restaurants. I think it was my favorite hotel so far. It dates all the way back to the late 1700s and some of the rooms are still the same original rooms. It was very cool. We first took a look at the building across the street from the hotel where there were three restaurants. We got to go on the terrace and in the kitchens basically everywhere. The workers were wearing traditional German clothing. They looked very nice and the majority of them were very young looking and very attractive. Then we went across to the hotel which probably has its own zip code because it is that humongous! We walked in and at first it is like a shopping area. There are clothing stores, shoe stores, gift stores, salons. Then when you go up the elevator there are more eating areas, a rose garden and a wine shop. They also have a place where they watch the kids. It is staffed by two professionals and a few apprentices. It is really cool though because the parents can go relax and not worry about the safety of their children. Then we were shown a room. It was a junior suite so it was extremely nice and they said it is about 300 euros per person but children under a certain age are free which is more incentive to bring them along. It seemed in this hotel they catered to you every want and need. It was very impressive. Then after the tour we were honored by eating lunch there. It was delicious! We started of with a amuse bushe which was just a little something for before the meal. It was broccoli moose with noodles and chicken and lots of tasty things. Then first course was a salad that had mushrooms on the bottom and flowers in it that were edible. They actually were not bad. It was weird eating a flower but I am open to trying anything once.It was not bad at all though. Main course was this tasty chicken with risoto with this creamy green sauce and carrots and other vegetables surrounding it. It was also fantastic. Dessert were these little candies that we all got to share followed buy little cups of oranges, ice cream AND creme brule! It was fabulous and filled me up completely. Then we went to Baden Ban to see the ruins there , the baths. The museum it was in was closed but you could look in and see them and we saw some of the possessions retained from them. It was very interesting. Also when we got back to the Chateau there was a wedding going on it was absolutely gorgeous.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb