The Bourgogne


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
June 1st 2007
Published: June 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

As we were in a major wine producing area, the morning was spent visiting the local co-operative, tasting several of their wines and purchasing 20 litres to take home.

Cluny is on a 100 k cycle track built on the line of an old railway between Chalone-sur-Saone and Macon. After lunch we cycled along the track for a very pleasant 10k towards Macon. The route included cycling through the 1.6km long Tunnel Du Bois Clair, which is home for a number of protected bat species and is closed in winter to protect them. On the way back the heavens opened again and we got quite wet and cold. The weather is not blessing the end of our trip!

Things clear up and we spent the evening visiting Cluny, including ascending the Tower of Cheeses in the centre of own and overlooks the local monastery which was once much larger than it is now.

The day finished with a lovely meal at one of the restaurants to celebrate our last night of what, except for damaging the van, has been a most successful and enjoyable launch trip. We now look forward to the next one after the repairs have been completed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.314s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb