A difficult day


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 31st 2007
Published: May 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

After saying our farewells to the Andersons we dropped in to see some other friends in Chatel, Ed and Liz Ockleton and their children. We showed them round the van, had a coffee, bought some Abondance cheese from one of the local farms and then started the drive home.

We had been travelling for over an hour when I realised that I had taken our table out of the van during the guided tour and forgotten to replace it. So back to Chatel to collect it. Three hours after turning round we got back to where we had been and it then started to rain heavily. So we had a very unpleasant drive for the rest of the day, not helped by having to take a detour in Macon to find a supermarket to get some urgent supplies, having difficulty locating where things were in the shop and queuing up for 20 minutes to pay. The shopping could easily have been accomplished in Chatel, which I decided not to do, so I was not a popular husband.

We eventually arrived at the site at Cluny, a small town in the Bourgogne area, at 7.45pm, having taken all day to accomplish a 3 hour drive!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.622s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1883s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb