Europa Day 23


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
June 4th 2012
Published: June 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 23

We leave sour B&B after a leisurely breakfast. Our host gives us some more clues on where to go in Italy.

We say our farewells and head into Avignon for a quick look at the old city. Very pretty but like a lot of others we have seen before so we point towards Lyon - our next stop.

We decided to go straight to our destination this time. Arrived and booked into our hotel and then caught the Metro into the city and caught the last hop on hop off bus tour (at a discounted rate too).

This tour was even better then the Paris one. They stopped at sights for photo opportunities and the commentary was much more detailed. We then sat in a cafe and had a drink and some chicken wings and watched the city workers go home. Very relaxing.

Had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was very nice. Champagne to finish the France experience. Had a group of guys sitting next to us and one had a polo shirt with the Blue and Gold colors and Australia on his back. Chris checked him out and he was from a polo (horse variety) background. Didn't get a chance to ask any details but maybe we were next to someone famous.......

Re-pack the bags and off to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.36s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb