Lyon


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
August 16th 2019
Published: August 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Lyon Lyon Lyon

Pedro on rue du Boef
We had a beautiful day today in Lyon. Kasie and Sriracha were with Clara and her family at an amusement park outside of Lyon. We planned to take to train to a vineyard outside of Lyon. The concierge at the hotel had given us instructions on the trains we needed to take. Unfortunately it was bad information and we were not at the correct train station. We decided to abandon the idea of the winery and walk back to our area of town as we had not seen this area of town. We had nice walk along the river. We had lunch at a restaurant on rue de Boef. After lunch we went through some of the shopping areas and then over to the art museum. We walked through the art museum. We saw lots of paintings and sculptures as well as artifacts. We learned about the processes for some to the sculptures and bronzing techniques as well. The art was a mix of old art as well as some modern art. After the art museum, we continued our walk back towards our hotel past some more shops and shopping areas. We got back to the hotel and waited until Sarah and Kasie came back with Clara's family. In the lobby we had a snack and drinks and then we had some fun playing foosball. It was a very energetic game and everyone had a great time. We went out for dinner with Clara and her family. Everyone goes out for dinner really late and most do not start heading out until at least 8 o'clock. We had a very nice meal and good conversation. Courses of the meal and service is slow, but is intentional to allow for conversation. We ate at Plethore et Balthazar. The food was really good. We did not leave the restaurant until 11 p.m. We headed back to the hotel and said our goodbyes. Clara hopes to be able to come visit us next year and asked if it would be OK. We invited the whole family to come if they would be able to visit as well. We really enjoyed our time in Lyon with Clara and hope that we will see them again soon. Tomorrow it is back to Paris.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

On the way to dinner in LyonOn the way to dinner in Lyon
On the way to dinner in Lyon

Virginie, Louise, Clara, Charliz, Jimmy, Pedro and Kasie
At the amusement park WalibiAt the amusement park Walibi
At the amusement park Walibi

Louise, Clara, Kasie and Sriracha
Lunch at the amusement park WalibiLunch at the amusement park Walibi
Lunch at the amusement park Walibi

Louise, Clara, Sriracha, Kasie, Clariz and Virginie
At the amusement park WalibiAt the amusement park Walibi
At the amusement park Walibi

Clara, Clariz, Louise, Sriracha, and Kasie


Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 18; qc: 79; dbt: 0.111s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb