Lyon with Clara and her family


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
August 15th 2019
Published: August 15th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today we met with Clara and her family. In the morning we walked through old town until noon. We met Clara and her family at Moustache for lunch. We had a great time talking about when Sriracha and Clara were together in both th U.S. and in France in 2016. Clara and Charlise both go to school and have English in school so they both speak it very well. Virginie and Jimmy both speak some English as well so we didn't really have any issues with conversation. After lunch we took the Funiculaire Fourvaire, an uphill tram that is part of the Meto, to see the Basilique Notre Dame de Fourviere. The basilica was very beautiful. The overlook of the city was amazing. We walked down past the Roman Theatres and then through the gardens back down to the old city. We took a break for some ice cream. Tonight Sriracha and Kasie will be going to the country side with Clara's family and spending the day tomorrow at an amusement park. They will be meeting us back tomorrow night at our hotel. After a bit of shopping we went out for dinner at Le Bistrot de Lyon on rue Merciere. It was a lovely night and we sat out in the outdoor seating area. The whole street is lined with restaurants and much activity. The dinner was very nice and we enjoyed watching the activity and walking traffic on the street.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Sweet treats at Le Bistrot de Lyon Sweet treats at Le Bistrot de Lyon
Sweet treats at Le Bistrot de Lyon

Peach tart with pistachio ice cream and raspberry sauce


16th August 2019

FOOD
Pete, Are you hungry??? Bring some treats back home!!

Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 22; qc: 85; dbt: 0.1146s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb