TMB 11 Chamonix


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
July 17th 2017
Published: July 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After a delightful stay in Argentiere we caught the bus back to Tre du Champ to commence the walk to Chamonix. Absolutely delightful scenery as Mt Blanc dominates the panarama. We Tom The variant to L'acqua Blanc an absolutely picture postcard spot perched high in the mountains. We shared it with half of France judging by the crowd. It was Sunday and the the Bastille Day weekend but we could not believe the number of people there. And believe me there's no easy way to get there. Then off to the Refuge La Flegere, still almost 1900 m up but served with a chair lift so easier to understand how people may get there.

Here I checked the time for the last chairlift into Chamonix from our next destination. Time 4:10. Last chair 6:00 Time to walk to next destination 2 hours. Julie we are going now. I don't think we have ever made time (sometimes we are pretty close) BUT we went and went and went. We did the first hour in just under 45 mins, caught a group that always walks faster than us and made the chair lift at Plan Praz with minutes to spare (not many minutes). That got us into Chamonix otherwise I think we would still be coming down that mountain. Another Happy Hoskin moment.

Chamonix is a busy tourist town, far and away bigger than we've seen up to date. After a magnificent cold rain shower (in our hotel) we found some excellent gelato (the lemon and the cassis were particularly good for me) and then slept off our high speed walk.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb