How sweet it is to be...


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
July 5th 2017
Published: July 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Chamonix Valley


Not just for you Bun but especially for you. Have a look at the flower basket parade I have assembled from the street of Les Houches. How sweet it is.(yes it's not a big place so really it has only a single mainish street - the only thing that's big is the 'hill' ridge line that runs parallel to and towers over the town). We catch glimpses of Mt Blanc itself as the clouds clear or as we round a corner and it is a majestic sight. We leave it behind, or at least obscured from view after tomorrow and don't see it for a while, but that may be a good thing as it is somewhat overbearing and somewhat threatening.we saw it at about half past nine tonight and in the evening light it was a sight! Check Julie's posts as she took a photo. For me it was beer o'clock so photos are out. I had the local dish of Savonyard potatoes which was pretty good although not too many porkers suffered for the dish. The potatoes I'm fairly sure are cooked with pork and/or bacon and in porkmfat and sometimes with beans and cooked in a manner similar to potatoes dauphinois. Tasty. Also had good coffee and petite fours, how sweet it is.

And the beer photos. German beer, French food and... how sweet it is.

Been up now for 30 hours or so, so feed and watered it's bed time. How sweet it will be!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



5th July 2017

Love flowers
Oh my goodness you must be so excited! What a view already!!
6th July 2017

French food, German beer.
French food, German beer. Sounds like you're in a good place.
7th July 2017

Wrong Pictures
Stop wasting time with those dumb pics of trees and streets and mountains, concentrate on the important stuff You know. THE FOOD!
8th July 2017

The Food
I haven't been terrific since arriving and it's not the fault of the food. I have a say yard dish which was OK and last night pigs cheek, slow cooked and very good. It was,in a small mountain refuge so everyone got the same but it surprisingly good. I'm living Om gelato and good breakfasts. Rob.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb