It's really the TMB.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
July 5th 2017
Published: July 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

To Les Houches (just outside Chamonix) and the start of the TMB.


Really, really.

I'll skip the stories about the 14 hours to Dubai, the 3 hour wait and the 6 hours to Geneva. Is there ever a good flying story? Suffice to say Julie and I made it. We didn't take the photo bomber along with us. And to think I bought Julie along because she's meant to be good with a camera!

I think I've downloaded a couple of photos from the mini bus as we drove to the Chamonix Valley.

Julie and I arrived at the hotel just after 3 o'clock- bad luck - reception opened at 4 o'clock. No good luck, a very friendly host was there to greet us and hand our key to Room 302 - bad luck on the third floor. No good luck they have an elevator and even better luck, it worked. The final photo shows the little hill from our balcony - bad luck. No good luck we don't walk up that one. Well you can guess where all this is going but - bad luck to have to go. We need and swim and spa because we're tired and planed out. It is really quite warm here and despite the snow about we are feeling the heat.

I should post again today but be assured we are here and we are really, really ready for the TMB.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



5th July 2017

Vale de Chamonix
What a spectacular place! Beautiful mountains and not to mention snow! The cold there must be very tense ... Post more often! I liked this post.
6th July 2017

G'day stranger.
Certainly great views but the weather is warm or even hot. The snow is pretty high altitude stuff and we see it but don't walk in it unless conditions change very abruptly. Good to have you reading , hope you enjoy. Rob
5th July 2017

How exciting
Everything Looks wonderful. Glad you made it OK! xx
7th July 2017

Gosh
This came around quick

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb