Saint Tropez 2


Advertisement
Published: October 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 16th October, 2008.

The plan for today, a walk.

We decided that we would try to stay out of the car today, if we could.

A lazy morning started the day and I managed to get access to the internet, and caught up with publishing the blog and some email correspondence.

Spotted a spiders web, sparkling in the sunshine and tried to photograph it.

Eventually we set off for a walk in the general direction of Cogolin Town. We started by walking around the back of the apartment complex to see what there was of the pine forest. But after walking a while, we backtracked as we weren't sure if it was really heading anywhere.

Therefore, down the hill and left / west. The road was a fairly busy A Road, but we managed to keep away from the traffic. I suppose we walked for about three to four kilometers and found the town. Along the way, there were a number of shops and outlets and we bought some sandwiches for our lunch at La Tarte Tropezienne, a popular little place with cars stopping constantly for their bread.

The town was quiet, well
CogolinCogolinCogolin

Petanque
it was lunchtime and everything was shut, including the Tourist Information, so we found our way round to the Place du Jean Moulin, and the old boys were just starting a game of Petanque. So we sat for a while and ate our sandwiches, ham & cheese and dry ham, while they played.

It was again a glorious moment of watching the world go by. The sun was shining, the sandwiches were a simple, but a perfect repast, we had no timetable and no agenda. A serene and tranquil moment.

We walked back into the centre and by this time the Tourist Information was open, so we received some town and local information.

The town historic walk, was only a short one, and following their directions we immediately went the wrong way, so did it backwards. The highlights of the town, were, shall we say, not significant.

Anyway, it passed some time and we then headed back towards the apartment. On leaving the town, we came across another memorial to the landings by the British and Americans in 1944, by the grateful people of Cogolin. In yesterdays blog I wrongly stated it was in 1945, my
CogolinCogolinCogolin

Memorial to landings
error.

We passed La Tarte Tropezienne, and had a strawberry and a raspberry tart, to replace the energy used on the walk, and a couple of diet cokes.

Next stop was the Ed Supermarket and now we know why everybody buys their bread at Le Tarte. It was Ok but limited. We bought some stuff for our dinner and arrived back about five o'clock.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.101s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb