What a day!


Advertisement
Published: March 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 29 mars

What a day! For all of us, but especially for S, H and E. We got up at 7 a clock. Summertime! Thanks to M, who mentioned it on the phone the evening before. We didn’t have a clue. Without that remark from M, in a by sentence, the kids would have missed their flight! Thanks again, M!

Well, S, H and E got to the airport in time. We sad goodbye, with a tear in our eyes, and then we waited in the arrival area for M, P and K. Their flight was on time as well. Really nice to see them! We went home to the tower in a drizzle, now and then interrupted by showers of heavy rain. The sky is overcast and dark grey and the clouds are hanging just above our heads.

K and I had an idea that we would stop for some food in the supermarket on our way home, but it turned out that all food stores are closed on Sundays. Except our little shop in Bonson. So we popped in to Natalie, who’s running this little hole-in-the-wall store, and bought some green grocers and then we
And welcome Starsky!And welcome Starsky!And welcome Starsky!

Hope you will enjoy your stay with K on the loft.
had to rely on what we already had in the fridge.

Everything’s fine so far. At our place…

We took a siesta, M, P and K had only slept like an hour the night before, and K and I were quite exhausted as well after our “early” start this day. But then we got the news. First a text massage from H, saying that the aircraft had turned back to Nice again, after they had discovered that it was something wrong with the cooling system. An hour later S called on my cell phone, and told me that the best scenario was that they could take off with another plane this night at eleven a clock! In the worst scenario they would have to stay the night in Nice…

So I drove to the airport again and picked them up. Since we didn’t have any food for all of us at home, and all the stores was closed by now, we stopped at MacDonalds in Carros on our way home and the kids had their dinner there.

Back in the tower, S, H and E took a nap, and the other of us made dinner of
You've already met Sixten...You've already met Sixten...You've already met Sixten...

This is a new buddy of ours, Torsten, staying on the same spot for a couple of days.
what we could find in the fridge. It turned out to be a pretty decent pasta meal after all.

At nine a clock, I drove the kids to the airport again (250 km driving this day, just back and fourth to the airport, so mum, you don’t have to worry, I’m pretty sure I know the way by now!). Their flight was due to depart at 23.45. I hugged them goodbye -again. We’re all holding our thumbs that everything will go smooth this time!

In Bonson the rain’s continuing. I drove through a couple of heavy clouds on my way back up to the mountain, and got a chance to see what the fog light on the car really could contribute with. M, P and K seem to have great spirits though, so I hope that they will have a nice stay in spite of the bad weather.

/J







Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Beautiful cloudsBeautiful clouds
Beautiful clouds

A very special feeling to actually live above the clouds.


30th March 2009

Hehe, jag blev också räddad av ett sms från mamma. Skulle ha missat tåget till jobbet annars... Tänkte bara säga hej och meddela att jag ivrigt läser varje inlägg. Kul med mycket bilder! Gillar särskilt bilderna från förra inlägget med kidsen på besök. Skulle vara kul att komma över och se om de franska grodorna och sniglarna smakar bättre än de kinesiska, men har fullt upp i både skolan och på jobbet.. så passa på och njut nu era lediga j*vlar! ;)
30th March 2009

Kul att höra av dig, G!
Jag vet, visst är det bra med mammor och syrror med ordning på! Har hört om ditt tuffa shema med jobb och plugg och 40 nya kinsesiska ord två gånger i veckan, eller hur det nu var... Impressed! Kramar från J och K

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb