The kids are here


Advertisement
Published: March 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 28 mars

For the first time since we got here, the sky is overcast and it’s drizzling. What, are we in England suddenly?! It took quite a while to get used to the idea of bad weather, but after that K, H, S and I decided to take a walk. It turned out to be more than a walk. We, at least three of us, climbed our local mountain! Great views in all direction, and some aching legs tomorrow I guess. But we all enjoyed it big time!

Yesterday was sunny and really warm. All of us went to Nice for some shopping and exploring of the city. We had lunch on a tourist place along the Promenade de Anglais. And then we took off in different directions. S and E headed for the exclusive shops, and the rest of us strolled in the city and checked out a store here and there. Everything was quite expensive though, so we walked towards the Chagall museum and enjoyed some real cool paintings there.

After that we all got together at the Place Massena and walked through the old town looking for a restaurant. “The best crepe-place in town”, according to the guide book, didn’t open before seven a clock. But we found a decent Italian restaurant by the waterside and had dinner there.

S and E are sleeping in the tower room below, and H on the loft. And everything goes really smooth, in spite of the bad weather today.

Tomorrow we’ll have to set the alarm clock to get to the airport in time. “The kids” are leaving, and we are going to pick up my M, P and K. Traveling with the same plane!

See you all soon,

/J





Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

The loftThe loft
The loft

H makes it coosy in his new home
NiceNice
Nice

Promenade de Alglais
ChagallChagall
Chagall

Look, an angel!
Nissa SoccaNissa Socca
Nissa Socca

Best crepe-place in town - in the guide book.
The hair dresserThe hair dresser
The hair dresser

Back in business again.
What do we say?What do we say?
What do we say?

Try to get up there?
K don't like the bushes.K don't like the bushes.
K don't like the bushes.

K: I'll stay here and wave to you!
Which herb is this?Which herb is this?
Which herb is this?

A nice scent was all over the moutain side.
On top of the world.On top of the world.
On top of the world.

The real deal.


28th March 2009

Packar väskan...
Kl. är snart 24.00. Ska upp om två tim. Håller på och packar. På er sista bild här ovanför får man ju en fingervink om vad det är för kläder man ska packa i alla fall! -Vi ses snart! / M o P
30th March 2009

Helt rätt, M o P!
Topp-luva är aldrig fel! /J

Tot: 0.471s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb