Nice / Cannes


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
May 22nd 2006
Published: May 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Nice at NightNice at NightNice at Night

It was such a cool town
Out train trip was two parts. The first was Barcelona to Montpellier, and the second was Montpellier to Nice. Our ride was great, and the 6 hour trip went so fast. It was almost all Americans trading stories about our trips and was one of the best times ive had on the trip. The views were amazing, and as of today, ive taken over 500 photos. The second train, we had to split our american bunch in half cause only half of us had reservations. We actually left first and were supposed to meet the others about 45 minutes later, but they actually beat us. About 10 minutes after we left the station, an elderly women collapsed in the car in front of us. People tried to give her CPR, but she had a massive heart attack and died. The people on the train were mostly annoyed, and although this may sound typically American, the French people we encountered on the train were rude. Everyone we met in Spain was amazing, but France started our badly. We got in late, than the 8 of us met a specific bar we picked out and hung out till 2 am.

We met Julie and Dan, the 30 year couple from Michigan today at 10 am so we could plan our day together. We decided to head to Cannes, France for the international film festival. It was a cool city, and we spend a few hours on the beach and swimming in the Mediterrean. The weather since London has been great everyday, in the 80's and sunny. We walked around and looked at all the film premieres and ended up seeing a few celebrities. No Matt Lauer, but some. We saw Ian Zeering who used to be on 90210 (that is for you Anne and Nicole), he was walking alone and we may be the only people to even know who he was. Then we saw 50 cent, and he was walking towards us to say hi, because he saw we were Americans, when a girl ran in and started hugging him. We were real mad, and then we realized it was Tara Reid. He had to leave, so we didnt meet him, but we saw both him and Tara, so we called it a success.

We will be in Nice all day tomorrow (Tuesday), and we are leaving for Rome on an overnight train. I am off to Monte Carlo tomorrow, and the rest of Nice. I am meeting Danica, the girl from Minnesota (Barcelona) to hike, so it should be a great day. Ill write again when we get to Rome. Hope everyone is doing well. And seriously, where are the emails. I take time in paradise to write, and I receive minimal emails. I am just kidding, thanks to everyone who writes. I miss home, but I never want to come home 😊

Advertisement



24th May 2006

Tara
was she filming season two of her drunken life?

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb