Monte Carlo


Advertisement
Monaco's flag
Europe » Monaco
May 23rd 2006
Published: May 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

On top of NiceOn top of NiceOn top of Nice

An ariel view of Nice. It was awesome.
I went on a hike with my friend Danica today up to a waterfalls overlooking Old Nice. We then met like 6 other American friends of ours to go to Monte Carlo and check out the billionaires. We changed our original plans and decided that instead of getting to Rome at like 10 pm, we would take an overnight train and get in at 7 am. So we had an extra day here to do stuff. Its like 5 pm Nice time, and we just got back.

We saw the castle of the Prince of Monaco, the Casino, and finally we saw the city all set up for the Grand Prix of Monaco this weekend. We met a girl named Nikki from GA who was a diehard F1 racing fan, and she took us all over the course, the pits, and the city. We also met a kid named Henry who goes to UNC, and finally met up with the 3 Michigan kids we've been hanging out with and came back after 4 hours. We are going to check out Old Nice again, then getting some food before getting our train to Rome at 9 pm.

I will update at some point in Rome, probably on Thursday. But so far the trip is exceeding expectations for everyone. We have met like 25 people in each city from all around the world, and I have about 50 email addresses already. Its true what everyone here says:

The further you go from home, the smaller thae world gets.

Its so true. We've met like 50 people from the US, that if we were at home, we would have never met. We probably meet 10 people a day, and it seems like all of them are the nicest people in the world. Everyone's trip is 4 weeks +, some for months or even years. Everyone seems to have the same general path, for different amounts of time, and different cities. But it is like a huge party each day. The sites are amazing, and jsut sitting back and taking it all in is great, but the people I've met in my 8 days here, have been the best part of the trip. I cannot describe how awesome its been.

I do miss talking to everyone at home, but not enough to call 😊 Hope everyone is doing well, and keep up with the emails, they help a lot. Talk to you in a few days.

Ryan

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb