Nice, France


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

May 3 - 5, 2008

NICE, France

Sunday is a quiet day in Nice as a lot of the stores close for the day. We have been very lucky with the weather and today was another beautiful spring day. To keep up the tradition we took the “Hop On - Hop Off “ bus to get another look at the whole city. This is a very good tour in Nice and a great way to get some sun in the open top bus and visit the most important places. The beaches were very busy with locals and Tourists. ( a lot from The U.K. ). The beach is not great here as it is not sandy ( pebbles ) but the sun was great and the water is blue and a few were taking a dip.

There is something special about having a lunch in Nice near the sea, in the sunshine and finishing it with a very good Creme Brulee. Ah !! The good life on the French Riviera. There are also a few large yachts here but the port is not as active as Cannes. The cruise ships all stop at a nearby port as the port in the city is not deep enough.

This city pretty much has it all !! Sea, Sun, great food, the best baguettes and pastry and all in a very beautiful place nestled in to the hills. It is an expensive place to live but most put up with that for the gains on other things. This is France's 4th largest city. ( but doesn't feel that way ).

Monday was a very relaxing day wandering around aimlessly with no particular plans, just taking in
the sights, enjoying another great lunch and enjoying the sun in Nice.

Tomorrow is another day on the road as we head for Milan, Italy. Alice can hardly wait as this is a very famous place for shopping. I can hardly wait !!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.285s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb