Nice to New York

France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
October 22nd 2012
Published: April 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Time to go! Our flight was not until 1:50pm, so we slept in and I figured if we left the hotel at 10am, we would be fine. We caught bus 23 back to the airport and it goes to terminal 1, so we had to get another shuttle to terminal 2, where our flight was departing from. We checked in and then had to wait at near the counter until they cleared the stand-by passengers. They said they would do it 1 hour before departure. I was not concerned because the flight was wide open, with over 100 empty coach seats and 20 empty business class seats. I was pretty sure that at least one of us or maybe even all three of us would be in coach because there were 32 stand-by listed and we were 19, 20, and 21 on that list. We did clear for coach and I was in seat 25G. The flight was very routine and smooth and we had a good tailwind that got us into New York a whole hour early. I watched the films "Bully" and "Scarface" on the flight and also listened to some music on my ipod. I had the pasta meal to eat, which was good and many Kronenbourg beers to drink. Once in New York, we cleared customs and immigration within 15 minutes and then went ou to the curbside to get the bus to LGA airport. There were no more flight options for us to leave from JFK so that is why we had to go to LGA. The LGA flight was not until 9pm and it was only around 6pm, so we just went inside the Delta Sky Club to relax and have snacks and drinks. This is the flight I was worried about because it only had 6 open seats and we were 3,4, and 5 on the list. It would be close. If all failed, I would send them on and I would sleep at LGA airport and take the first flight the next morning. I kept a watch on the list from my tablet and it still was holding. We went to the gate 30 minutes before and the numbers still looked good. We made it! We cleared for first class on Delta 5991, which was an Embraer 175. I was in seat 1A. It was a quick hour and a half flight back and I had a few gin and tonics. It was good to make it back home that night and have a day of rest before getting back to reality.

This was fun and crazy trip!

Thanks for reading!


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb