Ferocious Haka frigtens locals


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Marseille
September 17th 2007
Published: January 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Something that France does well is make cakes and pastries, for brekkie we had a feed of croissants before having a walk around Marseille’s port. Seeing as the rugby world cup was on, there were wooden statues all over the place with a rugby theme. One featured the all black’s haka so we did the tourist thing and got a photo with them. I apologise to any locals that we terrified.

We found an information centre and decided our best option was to bus out to the beach at Cassis. It was a cracking day so we wasted no time in hitting the beach and going for a swim. We had a stroll around the town; bought an ice cream and when we got back the beach was deserted as the wind had picked up big time. We decided to have tea back in Marseille so we bused back. We ended up eating at an American bar and grill. What I remember from the meal is Jaimee adamantly saying that Snow Patrol were from NZ. Todd and I had a good laugh at that, I think she still believes it, hopefully she is reading this and will google it.

What I forgot to mention earlier is that there were cow statues all over the show. I think it was a world wide art festival as Jaimee said she had seen them in a few destinations. My favourite was the one in the windscreen of a car, truly bizarre.



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 30; qc: 129; dbt: 0.1571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb