Crepeists (Watch Todd's 21st video)


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Marseille
September 18th 2007
Published: January 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last full day so we had decided to try and fit in as much as possible. First of all we walked up to the Palais De Longchamps, it had good reviews in tourist guides as a large animal park and tribute to the water gods. We got lost and found the side entrance. We were disappointed we had even bothered going there as the park was devoid of animals as it was under construction. Fortunately we found the fountains at the front entrance which were worth the walk. We had about 3 million photos in front of them (Nicola and Jaimee's boyfriend Joel have a joke that Jaimee and I take photos of any fountains we see, sadly they are probably right, I think I have a problem).

Next on the cards was a trip to a crepeist, I think I made that word up, what I mean is a maker of crepes. We found one and she cooked us up the tastiest crepes ever made (it's in the guiness book of records under Guiness rates crepeists crepe's greatest).

After we had gorged ourselves stupid we caught a train up to Notre Dame which is a large church atop a hill overlooking Marseille port. It affords brilliant views and the church itself is really impressive. I particularly liked the interior as it was quite different to most churches I've seen, it wasn't full of angels and satues but rather ships and boats.

Seeing as it was another sweltering day we decided to train back out to Cassis and have another swim. We went for a walk first and checked out the coastal creeks called Calanques. After a nice long swim we found some rocks to sunbathe on before deciding on having a few beers. It’s a hard life.

Unfortunately it got cold and windy and we missed our train. To pass the time before the next train arrived we huddled up and played the famous name game. It bought back memories of childhood car trips, just minus the kicking and screaming.

By the time we got back we were starving. Todd still hadn’t got over his yearning for McDonalds from two nights prior. We had 5 minutes til it closed and a sizable walk from our hostel. We made the decision that we would run like crazy. So late on a Tuesday night in Marseille we were sprinting down back alleys to get to McDonalds. We got some strange looks from people but we didn’t care. When we turned the corner Todd once again shed a tear, this time though in triumph as it was still open.

The following day we trained back to Nimes and flew out, Todd and I into Liverpool and Jaimee a few hours later into London. I stayed with Todd for a few days before he flew out. Was good to just hang out, we watched a sh*tload of the twenty20 world cup, did a bit of shopping in Wigan, and Todd had farewell drinks with his teammates.

Todd had his 21st party once he got back to NZ which looked like a lot of fun. I made him the following video which was shown. I was laughing my arse off while making it. Enjoy:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=guNgHVq9nvY


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



19th January 2008

Christ what a fat little bastard. TODDS TURN!!!

Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 33; qc: 126; dbt: 0.127s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb