Day 7 - Arles and Avignon


Advertisement
Published: June 27th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Little bit of a sleep in today. Our first tour starts at 0900. Do food again then onto our bus to an olive farm and then to the asylum where Vincent Van Gogh spent a year just before he committed suicide.

Olive farm had their own press which they then serviced all the locals as well as their trees come harvest. Interesting to see how they harvest and then press for oil. They also had a commercial kitchen where they produce jams, tapinades and other stuff. Very interesting visit.

Onto St Remy to the asylum. Van Gogh spent a year here and painted over 200 paintings in that time. We saw places where he based his paintings from. Interesting to see that side of his works.

Back to the ship for lunch theN free time to wander or snooze. Did the wander while Chris did the snooze. Fair trade I think. Found a few interesting places then reslised we were doing the toWen walk tomorrow so backed off and went back for a drink. Much smarter idea I thought.

Booked special dinner for tomorrow night then normal stuff, eat, drink and be merry.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb