Day 8 - Avignon


Advertisement
Published: June 27th 2016
Edit Blog Post

New day, new things to see. Today we have a full day of visiting the Camargue where we will see Bulls doing what bulls do and special Camargue horses doing whatever they do.

On the bus with our picnic lunch bags to an area we have just left. That is we go back past Arles to the Camargue region and the Mediterranean Sea. Hmm, how does that work you might ask, so did nearly everyone on the bus. Ahh, the joys of an organised tour. Any hoo, off we go.

Get to the horses/bull farm and get ushered onto the back of trailers behind a John Deere tractor. Out into the paddocks with horse people following. Beautiful looking horses and the riders look well in control. Get to a paddock and they move the bulls into the next paddock. All thinking this looks good, but alas, after driving for another little while, we stop, the main man talks to our guides in French which gets interpreted vagully into English which we miss most of and then they start to slowly move the bulls off one by one while we sit in the baking sun on these hard cart seats. Not happy JAN...

Finally a move from our hot paddock to a shady one where they play horse games for us, very impressive, then back to eat our picnic lunch bags. Finish lunch, then to the beach. Small town with small facilities. Overall, not a great days touring which at the end of the day has been rate as a bad day be quite a few including the tour director. Oh well, they did tell us we were the guinea pigs for this tour - Virgin travellers for the company - maybe first class home.........

Finally back to the ship and we get organised for our special dinner at the Chefs table dinner. We have booked to be with the 2 girls on the cruise - Jan and Heather (both around their late mature ages). This is a special dinner you can book which is a degustation night and special service/wine, etc.

Very nice night, food is spectacular and we end it all by going across the road to the Ferris wheel for a circuit or 2. These girls are unstoppable but great fun.

Back for nightcaps and eventually to bed. Old saying, never play with older ladies, they will always outlast you.......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.346s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb