Spotorno to Monaco and Antibes


Advertisement
Published: June 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

A little sad and excited this morning as we realise that today is the last day in Italy, yet excited that today is the first day in France. We head out of Spotorno and decide that Monaco for lunch would be a great start and then Nice before Antibes for the night. After the 100km drive and actually crossing the border in a tunnel we arrive at the turn off to Monaco and the steep descent back to sea level. Our plan was to find one of the many car parks and have lunch by the water. Once the Sat Nav said we are here we targeted a Car park and parked the Car. Our plan was complex, all road down headed to the sea, so that’s where we went. Scuttled by the recent F1 GP, they are still packing it up, we couldn’t get all the way down so we decided to buy a bus pass and tour the city to find a suitable lunch location. The bus we choose went through the F1 tunnel and so we stopped at the next stop and walked back to the marina. Found the busiest restaurant and had lunch. After lunch we hoped back on the bus which also goes up to the headland where the Royal residence is. Once up there we had great views back to Monaco and the headlands, but realised that we have spent too much time in Monaco and would not be able to have time for Nice. We got back in the car and headed for Antibes. After finding the Apartment we have rented for 2 nights we realised as we are now in France, our Italian phone and attached internet connection didn’t work and we found a lovely Irish pub to connect and call our host. He unfortunately had a flat battery (I am so dubious about people who can’t manage a phone battery). Anyway we got a message from him through AirBNB and got the keys. In getting the key we found a number of great restaurants and went back to one for dinner. The restaurant tables were uniquely stylised with fruit and vegetables and topped off with trusses of cherry tomatoes scattered on the table, great first dinner in France.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb