Perego to Spotorno


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Spotorno
June 26th 2016
Published: June 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Back on the road again and what a lovely day, we headed out on a cloudless and 30C day as we came through the tunnels to Genoa the temperature plummeted to 20 and rain was imminent. By the time we got to Spotorno the angry clouds were still there but the temperature had risen again and Rose was single minded to spend the afternoon sunbathing on the beach. After checking in the beach facing Hotel room (small, but accommodating) we headed across the road to lunch Alga Blu (Blue Algae) where we have a great lunch, a few Aperol Spritzers and water. Now to the beach where we got 2 loungers, 2 chairs and an umbrella for 20 Euros. On our second to last day of the Italian leg Rose finally went for a swim!!! There was a surprising number of families all playing together, this is a great family destination. For dinner, we found the busiest restaurant and went (the Melbourne way, busy is good), the waiters could show Australian and New Zealand waiters about how to perform under pressure. For those who know the regularity of dropping food on my shirt, you would be very impressed I ordered Tagelini Nero (Squid Ink) with Squid when wearing a white shirt, but I bucked the trend and didn’t spill a drop. That was lucky as it was so good I didn’t want to waste it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 16; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb