August 8th Bougueil to Ancenis near Nantes


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Pays-de-la-Loire » Ancenis
August 10th 2015
Published: August 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The short hop was fine..except for where there was a massive motorway junction where 3 motorways joined / separated & some bright spark put a peage area right where it caused the most disruption. 45 minutes later we were off again & the traffic was quite heavy until we got around Angers. We can't complain – our first traffic hold up in 4 months.

We got to the site whilst the reception was closed so we had a late lunch whilst waiting outside the barriers. A few cyclists turned up laden with gear everywhere possible, including a family of 5! The chap had a tandem arrangement behind his bike for two children & Mum had the baby of c.24 months behind her with lots of gear, including Pampers & potty. Barking mad? Thankfully again, they had plenty of space so we booked for two nights. The site is again smashing, pentagon shaped around the shower block & on a bank of the Loire.



We sorted out & then had a walk. On the way to the river we passed a caravan with a bit fat cat looking out of the open rear window; on their pitch, under the hedge was what we thought was a black & white dog. Closer inspection revealed it to be a goat! Who would bring a goat on a caravan holiday? A while later the 'shepherd' took the goat for a walk, unleashed but it followed him & responded to it's name – quite bizarre. It'll probably be on a bbq in a couple of days time...maybe that's why he took it on holiday with him, meals on wheels!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0889s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb