August 7th La Guerche to Bourgueil


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Centre » Tours
August 8th 2015
Published: August 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

In the first little town Cathy saw a shop & shouted - there's a pottery & they have plates with cherries on, park somewhere! So, I went round the back of said town & parked opposite the church in the car park / boules / market area. We walked to the high street & found the shop. The pottery shop was an opticians (snort) & the plates were part of the window display (guffaw). To make me laugh even more & make this worthy of a blog entry, was that they were paper plates hahaha!

Off we go taking the main road instead of the peage for a way as it followed it & it just seems nicer sometimes; thousands of acres of harvested wheat fields & yet to be harvested corn & sunflowers. The sunflowers looked sad or embarrassed as they stood in their rows all with their heads drooped down like chastened schoolchildren as their seeds ripened. Later in the journey & into the Loire region proper the fields got smaller & the vines started to appear – even here the Loire is a huge, wide river.

We got to our stop no problem, another municipal site with enormous pitches...but there seems to be only 4 ancient showers for this big site; not looking forward to the morning then...but we found a new block down the other end which were fine & dandy.

When Cathy checked us in the lady said something about an event in the evening which Cathy took as being a tasting & buy wine event. We wandered over at 6.30pm & there were about 40 – 50 people there. The camp site, even though it is municipal, had thrown on a wine & canapes hour. Free local wines with tiny slices of baguette with fish or meat pate. I know the wine is cheap but someone had taken a lot of time to prepare the canapes for probably what was a hundred people over the course of the hour...how good was that?


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.312s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0812s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb