Day 12 Estaing to La Canorugue 43 miles


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées
May 22nd 2014
Published: May 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Estaing D920 to Espalion,D987 to Ste Com d'Olt,D6,D988 to St Geniez d'Olt D988 to La Conorugue

Last nights accomodation was spent in a beautiful old manor run by two "nice"men.

Evening meal consisted of pear in a Roquefort sauce to start,veal as a main course & cherries from the garden with ice cream as a sweet,delicious.

The weather today was overcast with less wind,only 35mph today !

We first passed through Espalion where the inventors of scuba diving equipment were born.The first attempts took place in the Lot river.

Two long climbs today but they were cyclable even by me ! If you go up the reward is coming down without pedalling weeee.

Between the trees we could enjoy the fields & chestnut trees that line the roadside & view the rolling hills into the distance (& thinking we have to climb those as well ).

Ste-Eulalie d'Olt was one of the lovely villages we passed through with narrow twisty streets bedecked with flowers.The many artists that live in the village have left their mark on the buildings.

We had a shorter cycling day today to split some of the longer rides as we are getting into mountain country reaching our hotel as early as 4pm today . Getting into Tour de France territory tomorrow ,watch your back Bradley the Dowlands are about !

Weather breaking,there is a thunder storm tonight .


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



22nd May 2014

Bradley's mum - brilliant
Another brilliant blog - lovely photos and descriptions. Did Mark tell the nice men that he used to be a sailor? Well done - keep going.
23rd May 2014

Thanks
Thanks very much for the comments . It gives great encouragement to write them & makes the pedals go faster !

Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb