Day 11 Figeac to Estaing 49 miles


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 21st 2014
Published: May 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

D2 to Montredon D21,D42 to Port d' Agres D141,D107 to Entraygues sur Truyere D920 to Estaing.

Weather today overcast but very windy with gusts up to 50 mph from south east so making what would have been fairly easy cycling challenging to say the least .

Long climb out of Figeac then the road maintaining its height for 11k descending & climbing slightly on occasions. We saw a few pilgrims trudging along the verges as their route follows the roadside for a time.

A 5k descent was great after the previous climb leaving the dept of Lot & entering Aveyron.

We followed the river valley with the Lot on our right through gorges which funnelled the strong winds making headway very difficult at times,having to avoid debris on the road & being careful not to be blown over having to stop at times when severe gusts came through. Several telephone lines down .Didn't stop today except for photos as rain forecast for early evening.

Up until today we have seen very few other cyclists except the occasional Bradley out practicing for the tour but today met a party of fourteen from uk who had come from Caen on route to Montpelier.

Glad to reach our accomodation today at 17.00 .


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



21st May 2014

Wind is terrible!
Why is debris dressed in red and white and wearing a cycle helmet. We are in awe of your stamina, you're doing really well in tricky conditions. We are with you for every km - we're quite exhausted but without the pain - well done you two.

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb